Friday, February 09, 2007

Okay, Okay . ..

. . . this is why I say I'm a sap. I am the type of person who will cry over a Kodak commercial. So, imagine what a blubbering fool I was when I watched A "Live" Wedding on Regis and Kelly this morning.

Oh no . . .this was not your typical couple tying the knot. Apparently, this couple was in the middle of planning their wedding when the groom fell ill and needed a kidney transplant. While waiting for a donor, he was going through dialysis treatments three times a week. Eventually, they decided to cancel the wedding until he was in better health.

While waiting for a kidney, his fiancee expressed that she wished she could do more for him . . . give him one of her kidneys. Sooooo . . . they tested her for compatability and it turned out that she was a perfect match!

Surgery was performed . .. both are doing well . . .

To end this novelette . . .after hearing this heartwarming story, I couldn't NOT watch the wedding . . . and yes, I got weepy . . .so that is why I'm a sap . . .

. . . and why I was a few minutes late to work this morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww... You're so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Now i wouldn't call that being a sap. Silly Wabbit! Just one of those stories that tug at 'the strings'. You know, people caring about people.