Friday, September 11, 2009

The Pool Pump Makes Three

Yep . . . shortly after my car wouldn't start, or the dryer, the pool pump decided to retire as well.

They say these happen in threes . . .and now that Emily (that's my car) is all fixed up, and the dryer has been replaced (got a new washer, too, just for good measure), and the pool pump is fixed, it's time to get back to being creative!

Here are a few cards I made using the "Pumpkin on a Stem" stamp by Studio 490. Okay, okay, the set is really called "Lowercase Art," but when I first saw the stamp it reminded me of a pumpkin . . .on a stem.

Enough with the jabber . . .here are the cards:I just loved this sentiment stamp from Unity. And I knew it would go perfect with the pumpkin once it was taken off the "stem." The pumpkin is made from Grungeboard. I used Spiced Marmalade Distress ink to make it that orange color. Nesties Labels 4, twill, grid ribbon, a few buttons, and Viola! It's a card!

The hot air balloon card was very much influenced by the very talented Julee Tilman. Other items used: Nesties Labels 3, Patterned cardstock by October Afternoon, Cloud stamp by Memory Box. I used a Flower Pot punch for the basket.

The blue "pumpkin on a stem" card was very much influenced by Miss Wendy Vecchi. Try as I might, I couldn't stay away from a blue pumpkin! Other stuff used: Textile Texture Cuttlebug Folder, Nesties Labels 4, and Patterned cardstock by Memory Box.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: