Monday, October 19, 2009

Painting . . .

There's not been a whole lot of cardmaking in the studio lately. Instead, I've been painting. And making a big ol' mess. Sometimes, ya just gotta get your hands dirty, ya know?

So . . . what I've done here is started with the Medium Envelope Journal by 7 Gypsies. I took it apart and started painting the envelopes . . . and decided halfway through that I was going to add pages in between the envelopes.So then, I started painting pages:

I'm guessing that by the time I'm all done, it's going to be a pretty chunky journal . . .

What I used:

Medium Envelope Journal by 7 Gypsies
Fabriano Cardstock
Black Gesso
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints - Classic Teal, Smidge of Blue, Sky Blue and Traditional Tan
Snow Cap Adirondack Pigment ink
Tuxedo Black Memento ink
Grid Background stamp by Studio 490
Tattoo Flourish stamp by Tim Holtz
Alphabet stamp set by Inkadinkado
Sheet Music, pages from an old book

I'll post progress as it comes together . . . thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: