Monday, June 04, 2007

It Started With . . .

. . . the Card Concept I saw on Kim's Blog. Then I saw that she had a Card Concept Archive . . .so I poked around in there. . . and then I started "blurfing" (Blog Surfing -- thank you Julie for that term) . . . and was soooo inspired by Poetic Artistry . . .

I actually finished three cards! Yahoo!
The Strawberry Stamp and Sentiment are from Hero Arts ("S" ClearDesign set). The Wire Tap Background stamp (behind the strawberries) is from Art Declassified. Green Polka Dot paper is from Sassafraslass, Pink strip is from Prism (Razzleberry Light), Green Scalloped Circle was punched from Die Cuts with a View cardstock. The Card Concept Sketch is #3 in the Archives from Paper Squares.
Not sure if the picture shows it very well (photography is not my forte) but on the pink strip, I randomly stamped the strawberry with my Castaway Ink Pad and let it dry really well. Heated the cardstock with my heat tool so the color would "bleach" out. Then, I randomly stamped the berry again with VersaMark for a tone-on-tone look. I used PrismaColor pencils to color the strawberries.
For the "Time to Celebrate" card, I used the same Card Concept Sketch. All stamps are by Rosie's Roadshow. And I admit that I started becoming fixated on those scalloped circle punches! Card base is paper from Sassafraslass, Brown strip is from Prism (Suede Brown Dark -- one of my very favorite colors from them . . .at the moment.), Blue scalloped circle . . . I think it might be Bazzill . . .
Used my PrismaColor pencils again . . .and sponged the white circle and sentiment tag with Spiced Marmalade Distress ink.
The Ice Cream card was inspired by Poetic Artistry. I just loved the colors and patterns and layout she used to create her Birthday Bees card. . . .and it was hard for me at first not to use those same colors. . .they are just so bright and cheery! But alas, I wanted to have strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate ice cream so I chose a more pastel pallette.
The ice cream stamp and patterned paper are from Memory Box. I actually stamped the ice cream three times to get the three scoops. The strawberry and vanilla scoops are cut out. Of course, I colored with my PrismaColor pencils . . . love those things! Solid Pink paper . . . .um, it was in my Box o' Scraps . . .so I'm not sure what brand it is. Used those good old fashioned cloud scissors for the scallops.
Off to the craft room . . . I'm going to see if these projects were a fluke or if my creativity really came back from vacation . . .

3 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

Delicious!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Super cute cards! I love that ice cream cone, and the neopolitan color palette.

Sharon in NE said...

Between you and Julee (Poetic Artistry) I have all the inspiration and feelings of inferiority that I need. You guys have so much talent...and thankfully, you both use it on that beloved Sprinkles...and Poochie.