Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I'm Still Awake. . .

. . . and I'm still at home. It's just about 3:30 am. Another three hours and a half hours and I'll have been up for 24 hours straight.

Watching the fires on the news has been . . . I can't think of the right word. . . .

I step out front every now and again to check the hill . . .there hasn't been any glow for a few hours now. Then I go into the backyard to watch for falling embers. Lots of ash, but thankfully, no embers.

The moon is eerie . . . it's orange.

More evacuations have been ordered down south . . .near Spring Valley . . . apparently Mt. Miguel is now burning . . . some transmitters for local news stations are on that mountain . . .well, they were on that mountain.

I'm going to go back to my craft room, now . . .

1 comment:

Tonje said...

Hi, I liked your cards further down the page. Great work! Hope everything is well with the fire and all....