Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Tin

A while back, a client had asked if I could order some Band-Aid Tins for her . . . she said she saw an article in the Aug/Sept issue of Scrap & Stamp Arts magazine and wanted to make a few for Christmas gifts.

Well . . . she brought them in (all 20!) to show me what she did . . . and OH my! They were EVER so cute! I just had to try one out for myself.

Sooooo . . . here's the tin I made:

What I used:

White Band-Aid Tin
Reef Journey 6x6 Paper by 7 Gypsies
Stylish Sentiments Stamp Set by Inkadinkado
Pearlescent Chocolate Brilliance Ink Pad
Grungeboard (Alphabet & Elements)
Distress Crackle Paint
Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon
Flower
Button
Glue Dots
Wonder Tape
Zip Dry Glue

How to:

Paint Grungeboard with Distress Crackle Paint . . .the thicker you apply the paint, the more it cracks. Set aside to dry.
Cut patterned paper to 3 1/4" x 6"
From the left over piece of paper, cut a second piece measuring 3 1/4" x 3" (Since the patterned paper wasn't long enough to fit around the entire tin, I created a seam on the back and side of the tin.)
Adhere smaller piece of patterned paper to tin using Zip Dry glue
Stamp sentiment on larger piece of patterned paper. (I placed the paper over the tin and "pinched" the edges where the paper would wrap around and used my pinch marks as a guide to stamp the sentiment.)
Adhere larger piece of patterned paper to tin.
Wrap 1/8" Wonder Tape around the lid of the tin and attach ribbon.
Use Glue Dots to adhere the button to the flower and the flower to the tin.
Use Glue Dots to adhere Grungeboard to tin.

Viola! A decorated Band-Aid Tin!

**Tip: If using paper larger than 6x6, cut it to measure 3 1/4" x 7 3/4"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Auntie Jill said...

How CUTE this is!! Thanks for sharing it here.

Unknown said...

TOO cute !! I was going to do a class to make a tin full of Christmas gift tags, but I couldn't make it to the class and the LSS forgot to save me a kit :(

Loving the crackled grungeboard too !

TC said...

Very Cute CAT! I just love it. Thank you for the idea.
Theresa Dalzell-Wells

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a cute project! Love it!

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is amazing!! Totally love it!! Got to get some! :)