Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Little Heart Tin

From this:
to this:
And here's a side view:

It really didn't take very long at all . . . maybe 20 or 30 minutes . . . if that!

How to:
Lightly sand lid (be careful not to scratch the acetate
Apply light layer of Gesso; allow to dry
Apply acrylic paint in your choice of color; allow to dry
Trace the bottom of the tin onto patterned cardstock. Cut out to fit inside the tin. I had to do a little bit of extra trimming to get it to fit.
Next, cut a strip of cardstock to 5/8" x 7 1/2" and adhere to the sides of the tin using Zip Dry glue, allow to dry.
Embellish with ribbon, flowers, buttons and pearls.

Viola! All done!

What I used:
Patterned cardstock and silk flowers by Daisy D's
Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Gesso
Juniper Adirondack Acrylic paint (mixed with a little bit of Black Canvas Studio paint)

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Currently I have my soon-to-be studio torn apart for a BIG make over. I can't wait to get it finished so that I can make some of your new samples that you're putting on the blog.

They ALL are so nice. I'm being nibbled away at by your inspiration! Thank you for sharing these.